Lately, my physical body and mental state has been going on in a state of broken and ripped pieces. Ever since 3.11, Japan has been building and mourning, the government supposedly lying and preaching solutions to the radiation scare, and so many food and products have been bought and eaten or refused completely.
The earthquake up there gave me the scare of my life down here in Tokyo, in my high rise condo. I still vividly remember the shake and quake and how I couldn't pass any food down my throat for 3 days after it happened. It was a real nightmare.
8 months after it all happened, I'm still feeling scared and nervous and anxious and feeling violated of a simple life. I had a simple life before 3.11. Raise a child, go grocery shopping, cook dinner, talk to friends, chat online, write my blogs, and everything else a human craves in a simple life. Now, that simple life is simply gone. I avoid buying vegetables and products that are grown near Fukushima. I don't drink water from the tap. I buy meat from overseas. It seems like our finances are stretched. But to have a near simple future, I guess this will have to do.
The other day, amidst this changed life and environment, I asked myself what I really needed. I didn't know the answer until I received it. And when I got it, tears were pouring down my face. It was as if the pool of stress, change in environment and all the complications that life comes with burst and I was letting a stream of tears fall down my cheeks.
It was touch...and a Tibetan singing bowl. That was what I really needed.
Thank you, my friend, who touched me with your hands and accepted my pain and anxiety and stress. Thank you for allowing me to fall into a meditative state with the singing bowl.
That was what I really needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment